Mortgage Assistance Lawyer Texas
If you need mortgage assistance, you may want to speak with a Texas mortgage assistance lawyer. An experienced lawyer can help you find the right mortgage assistance plan and give you peace of mind. Falling behind on your mortgage payments can be scary, but it’s still possible to catch up on your finances.
Common Types of Mortgage Assistance
There are many mortgage assistance programs available, including:
- Financial aid. Direct financial aid can provide mortgage assistance through grants, interest free loans or waiving some fees.
- Unemployed homeowners. When you become unemployed for whatever reason, it becomes very difficult to afford your mortgage payments. Luckily, some mortgage companies will let you defer your payments or make partial payments as you look for work. While there will still be interest on your mortgage loan, the program may give you a little time to get back on your feet.
- Loan modification. If you are struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments, you may qualify for loan modification. This type of mortgage assistance can reduce the total amount of your loan, extend the amount of time you have to pay your loan and lower your monthly payments.
- Loan forbearance. If you want to save your home from foreclosure, you may also consider loan forbearance. It temporarily suspends your monthly payments, giving you extra time to get back on your feet. After the forbearance period is over, your lender may give you an affordable payment plan to pay back the missed payments.
- Foreclosure postponement programs. A Texas mortgage assistance lawyer may also be able to help you qualify for a foreclosure postponement program. The program allows lenders and borrowers to work together to establish a realistic plan to help you avoid foreclosure.
Why You May Want to Hire a Mortgage Assistance Lawyer
Although you can apply for mortgage assistance on your own, it may be in your best interest to work with a skilled lawyer. A lawyer can assess your individual situation and determine if mortgage assistance is the right choice for you. He or she can also help you decide what type of mortgage assistance to opt for.
An experienced lawyer can also help you fill out paperwork correctly and submit it on time. These documents can include complex terminology, and you do not want to make errors that get your application rejected.
Additionally, if your initial application got rejected and you may want to file an appeal, a lawyer can assist you with that.
How to Find the Right Mortgage Assistance Lawyer
Working with the right lawyer during this trying time can be a big relief. However, with so many different lawyers out there, it can be tricky to select the right one. Here are some qualities to look for in a mortgage assistance lawyer.
- Specific experience with foreclosure defense
- Knowledgeable about foreclosure laws in Texas
- Excellent negotiation skills
Schedule a meeting a Texas mortgage assistance lawyer in Leinart Law Firm.